Welcome to bribenigeria.com A systematic approach to reducing corruption in Nigeria.
Causes of corruption in Nigeria
1. Weak Government institutions
2. Poor pay incentives
3. Lack of openness and Transparency in public service
4. Absence of key anti corruption tools
5. Ineffective political processes
6. Culture and acceptance of corruption by the populace
7. Absence of effective political financing Poverty
8. Ethnic and religious difference Resource scramble
The fight against corruption in Nigeria is not working because of the following factors:
1. Insincerity of Government
2. Pre bargaining and Negotiation, highly placed officials caught of corrupt practices are made to part with some of their looted funds and are thereafter set free.
3. Low deterrent- the punitive measures for corrupt practices need to be strengthened
4. Lack of virile political and social movements to tackle corruption. The mass of the people are yet to be mobilises in the fight against corruption
5. Lack of access to public information. A lot of secrecy still pervades Government documents, and this underlies the need for the passage of the freedom of Information Bill presently before Nigeria’s National Assembly.
6. Insecurity of Informants. There is a need to enact laws to protect informants as well as reward them
7. Low public participation in Governance
8. Corrupt Electoral system
10. Systemic disorder
11. Weak Government Institutions
If you have any documents, videos, or evidence that proofs any corruption case in Nigeria that you want to publish on the site, please email to contact details below. Else, you could use our upload section on the site. We assure you that your safety, privacy and identity is guaranteed. For further info and enquiry please email: Email: email@example.com